Runway MY Way
2011 Oscars: My Favs
Personally, the 2011 Oscars was a bore to me. The only reason I tuned in was OF COURSE for the red carpet which is ALWAYS a must see and to see who would win for Best Actress. As I am sure you all know I am a total supporter of Natalie Portman.
The Winner IS:
*I just simply adore her. She deserves this award. She looks so tired here though. I am sure she wants this baby out of her already. Now in terms of her dress I think the color is beautiful and the dress is stunning, but the color choice on her was not my favorite. I also think they could have done better with the execution of her hair and makeup, but she is still stunning.
Now for my favs (in no particular order):
*Overall, she looks absolutely stunning to me. A Classic beauty. At first, I have to admit I was not crazy about her dress. I loved the color, but the style was something that had to grow on me. Either way she looked amazing in it. Thus far, the best I think out of all the awards.
*Jhud is hands down the best dress of the night for me. She looked ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I particularly love this look because it is not black. I am so tired of seeing her in black. She really hit the ball out of the park with this gown. Not to mention her body looks awesome.
*Halle, as always, is a stunning beauty. I personally think she did this Marchesa gown justice. At first when I saw it I thought "Wow lots of tulle" lol; however, it is a gorgeous gown and she executed it beautifully.
*Sandy is one of my favorite actresses and I always love when she steps onto the red carpet making a statement. This year was no different. Red was the perfect choice for her. She looked amazing. The dress fit her in all the right places and she looked like she felt beyond confident in it. A true beauty.
*I had to post a picture of her because she is extremely regal. She never disappoints me. Everytime I see her she looks like the queen. Fantastic execution here overall.
These were just a handful of the beautiful gowns that touched the red carpet tonight - along with Celine Dion, Hilary Swank and Michelle Williams. I had a few favorites, but the ones I mentioned did it for me :-).
Labels: 2011 Oscars, 2011 Oscars Red Carpet, 83 Annual Academy Awards
Weekly Fierce Find - Wild Pair
I am ALWAYS interested in what Wild Pair comes out with for spring and fall. I like Wild Pair because they are a good default brand for some sexy and vibrant pumps and/or sandals. Not to mention, Bakes/Wild Pair can usually be found in your local mall. So all in all they are a good default place to go for a last minute find.
~ F I E R C E F I N D ~
Name: Mara 2 WP
Color: Zebra Print
Most people have a leopard attraction, but I have a zebra one which is why these sexy pumps caught my eye. Granted I do not wear zebra prints a lot, but I always like to throw it in when I can. These pumps are not only sexy, but super chic and the gold skinny heel tops it off nicely. I am not crazy about super skinny gold heels, but I like the overall look of these shoes enough for me to add it to my wardrobe. I think these are a nice zebra print find.
Labels: Pumps, Wild Pair, Zebra Print
Vince Camuto Eyecandy
Vince Camuto has a few sexy pieces for Spring - Check them out!
Color: Black Brushed Goat
Color: Rose Straw Fabric
Color: Mu Blush Multi Pitone
Color: Rose Lucky Vachetta
Color: Black Chiffon/nappa
Labels: Pumps, Spring, Vince Camuto
NYFall2011 - Begins Today!
Fashion lovers have been waiting for NY Fall 2011 fashion week since the last day of NY Spring 2011 fashion week :-).
I am definitely no exception to this. I always look forward to fashion week because there is always so much to see and do. The energy is amazing and the fashion is always something to be talked about.
For NY Fall 2011 I am looking forward to the following collections (just to name a few):
Christian Siriano / Vivienne Tam / Custo Barcelona / Hervé Léger by Max Azria / Diane Von Furstenberg / Carolina Herrera / Carolos Miele / Alexander Wang / Tracy Reese / J. Mendel / Dennis Basso / L.A.M.B
What collections are you looking forward to? Let me know your thoughts.
Happy Fashion Week!
Labels: NY Fall 2011
Celebrity Closets I Adore
Last night, while chit chatting with one of my favorite people the topic of closets came up. I recently gave my bedroom a much needed face lift and expanded my closets in the process. I'm not going to lie, my new closets are actually very nice and they definitely serve their purpose for the time being.
However, my friend and I could not help but gush over the fact that our future dream wardrobe space will practically have its own zip code because what fashionable girl doesn't want her closet to be registered with its own zip code?!?!
Until then I'd settle for a converted bedroom space. As you can see when it comes to closets I jump into the ONLY "Carrie Bradshaw" mentality. I could truly go on and on about what my dream wardrobe space would look like, but that would take all day. I am very detailed ;-).
With wonderful closets and fabulous clothes on our minds my friend and I picked five celebrities that we would just LOVE to go shopping in their closets.
~ CELEBRITY CLOSETS I ADORE ~
1) Rihanna - is the epitome of Glam Rock Couture at its finest. We all know and love us some Ri Ri, but she really is an iconic fashion figure in today's fashion world. Can you imagine shopping in Ri Ri's closet? Filled with Balmain, Alexander McQueen, Giuseppe Zanotti (just to name a few) and tons of edgy unknown British designers? Leaving would totally NOT be an option for me.
2) Beyonce - is an expensively chic southern bell (in my opinion). She oozes sophistication and chicness. There is a sensuality about her that is noticeable in the pieces she wears. Granted, I for one am not always satisfied with the "fits" Mrs. B wears, but her sense of style works for her (for the most part). Now can you imagine what her closet looks like? Vintage Chanel is definitely involved. I just love me some Chanel.
3) Kim Kardashian - now Ms. Kim K gives us sexy glam with an air of sophistication on a daily basis. She is truly Hollywood's "IT" fashion socialite and with good reasoning. She is a total advocate for one of my favorite designers Herve Leger. At any given event she can be found in one of his famous bandage dresses which she looks amazing in btw. Kim's style is very sexy. Lots of draping and asymmetrical lines in her pieces. If I had the opportunity to raid Kim K's closet, aside from Herve Leger I would be able to rack up on just about any designer because her wardrobe is full of everyone. Wouldn't that be a treat?
4) Rachel Zoe - Without a doubt I would love to go shopping in Mrs. Zoe's closet. We all know the Boho Couture stylist is one of the most reputable fashion icons in our wonderful fashion world today. She has definitely come along way and so has her closet. Lots of vintage EVERYTHING from jewelry to jeans. Erin Fetherston, Givenchy and Chanel (vintage ofcourse) can be found in her closet. Let's not forget her love of fur. Her closet is definitely something to marvel over.
Last, but certainly not least...
5) Victoria Beckham - the queen of London Luxe Chicness. I feel that is the perfect phrase for her. Never one to be seen stepping out in anything less than a pair of five inch heels, Mrs. Beckham's style is truly on another level. Along with her London Chic appeal she throws in haute couture as an accessory. Lots of fabulous pencil dresses, Birkin bags and fantastic pumps can certainly be found in her closet. I still would not even know where to begin if I were standing in the middle of her closet with a checklist.
These ladies closets are not to be messed with, but these are just five of many. Gwen Stefani's closet would also be another pick for me because as a whole I love her style.
Also, let's not forget about dear old Mariah Carey's shoe collection.
I am not a fan of her style, but her shoes are something to die over.
Whose closet would you love to raid?
Let me know.
Labels: Celebrity Closets, Chanel, Clothes, Herve Leger, Luxury Designers, Shoes, Vintage
Weekly Fierce Find: Put a Ring On It!
The weather in NYC is BEYOND out of control. I am really confused as to what is going on. Winter is not even close to being over and the weather has been horrible on a daily basis ☹.
I cannot explain how much of a non-winter girl I am. Rain boots, snow boots, puffy jackets, hats/scarves/gloves and ponytail hair days are just NOT my thing. I really need mother nature to get it together. It's bad enough that the winter season brings cold weather, but AWFUL weather on a daily basis has me feeling like I live in Alaska and I know that I purposely do not live in a place like that for this very reason.
Moving right along...
Anyone that knows me, knows how important jewlery is to me. I am an accessories whore full time and LOVE IT! I do not feature enough rings on my weekly fierce finds so today I decided this week we should "put a ring on it" as Beyonce says.
~ F I E R C E F I N D S ~
Five rings for five days this week. These are all new arrivals from one of my Go To sites - Shop The Look.
Labels: Fierce Finds, jewelry, Rings, SHOPTHELOOK.NET